Health and Safety Management
Safety is a priority in all activities we do. Swan Stabilizers recognise our moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, contractors, clients, and visitors to site. This commitment extends to ensuring that normal operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage.
Our OHS objective is to actively work towards elimination of injuries and fatalities. Our target is to have zero injuries and incidents. A copy of our Occupational Health and Safety Policy is available here
We manage occupational health and safety risks through our Integrated Management System that is aligned to AS/NZS 4801:2000 –Safety Management Systems. This sets out the controls that must be implemented onsite to ensure personnel safety. This is disseminated to the workforce through documentation, such as:
- Company and site-specific inductions
- Operating procedures and work instructions
- Safe Work Method Statements and job safety analyses
- Forms, including plant and equipment checklists, incident reporting, and
- Emergency response and preparedness procedures
- Hazardous dangerous substance procedures and forms, including relevant material safety data sheets.
Swan Stabilizers completes works aligned with ISO 9001:2015 and relevant client specifications and standards, including Main Roads WA specifications where required. Our approach is summarised in the Quality Policy available here
Our Quality Management System, through the Quality Management Plans, provide the procedures, forms and checklists to ensure tasks are undertaken safely and to the highest quality standard.
We ensure all our personnel hold the necessary qualifications, and current licences and tickets. Our supervisors monitor and inspect all works, ensuring they are completed to the applicable client specifications, Australian standards, and regulatory requirements.
Swan Stabilizers is committed to undertaking all project works with no impact on the environment. We work closely with our clients to ensure compliance to all onsite environmental requirements. A copy of our Environmental Policy is available here
We manage environmental risks through our Integrated Management System that is aligned to AS/NZS ISO 14001 –Environmental Management Systems. This sets out the controls that must be implemented onsite to ensure zero harm to the environment in conducting our activities. We also have emergency preparedness procedures in place such an incident occurs. This ensures that safety is maintained and that any environmental damage is mitigated or minimised.
Additionally, we seek to reduce waste in our business operations and project delivery. This improves our environmental performance, reduces project costs, and ensures business efficiency. Onsite, our supervisors proactively reduce waste, minimise costs, and mitigate environmental impact of the works. This involves:
- Sourcing sustainably produced materials for use in project works, where it meets required specifications
- Ensuring materials chosen are of good quality, fit for purpose, and will be durable for the asset’s lifecycle
- Minimising water use and waste in delivering project works
- Maximising opportunities for materials reuse and recycling.